We’re currently planning our roster of search engine optimization (SEO) workshops for 2021. Marinela Miclea, who heads Mendo Digital, will be teaching organic SEO and local SEO (Google My Business) webinars. Learn about SEO to increase your business’s visibility on search engines such as Google, Bing, and others.
SEO Workshops in 2020
Previous 2020 SEO-related workshops – online recordings available:
- November 11 and 18, 2020: Sell Online with Shopify (online)
Did you know that total sales revenue on Shopify reached $63 billion in 2018? And it’s still growing. If you’re ready to start selling online, take this workshop to learn how to start quickly (and successfully). Shopify is one of the top eCommerce platforms. This two-part workshop will cover everything you need to know to set up your own Shopify store – from adding products to connecting your business’s social media.
- October 29, 2020: ABCs of Google Analytics: Are Your Online Marketing Efforts Making You Money? (online)
Even the most experienced users can be daunted by the term “analytics” as it relates to their website and social media performance. This workshop is designed to help you decipher the statistics of visitors tracked by your website and social media channels as well as help you understand how to use the information to amplify your online presence and increase revenue. In this webinar you’ll learn how to analyze who’s visiting your website, what they’re searching for, and how so you can create an action plan to make more strategic business decisions.
- October 20, 2020: ABCs of Search Engine Optimization: Get Seen and Get Sales (online)
In today’s highly competitive online market, the success of your business depends on how easily your business can be found by consumers and potential clients. Did you know online sales increased 55% to $66.3 billion in July 2020 compared with July 2019? Your business needs to implement search engine optimization (SEO) to get to the first page of search engine result pages (SERPs). This interactive workshop will show you how to use SEO to increase your visibility on Google and other search engines.
- June 10, 2020: ABCs: Google Shopping (online)
Millions of people search Google for something they need or want and click on products featured at the very top of search engine results, in the Google Shopping carousel. Now you can gain FREE exposure to Google shoppers and increase the visibility of your online store.
- June 3, 2020: ABCs: Email Marketing (online)
Contrary to rumors, email marketing is NOT dead – in fact, it’s one of the best ways in which to stay connected to and top-of-mind with your customers.
- May 27, 2020: ABCs: Using Google My Business (online)
Trying to improve your business’s online presence for local customers? Find out how to make local SEO work for your business’s success.
- May 20, 2020: ABCs: Digital Marketing Strategy (online)
Are you being strategic in how you’re marketing your business or just flying by the seat of your pants? In this webinar, we’ll discuss what a digital marketing strategy looks like, why you need it, and how to develop one that works for your small business or start-up.
2019 SEO Workshops
In 2019 we presented the following SEO workshops. We discussed why SEO is important for any website, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, latest SEO techniques, easy-to-use tools to implement SEO. We also provided an action plan to optimize your website.
- May 8, 2019: Get Found: Using SEO to Increase Your Business (Fort Bragg, California)
- May 15, 2019: Get Found: Using SEO to Increase Your Business (Ukiah, California)
Please let us know if you’d like to be notified when we schedule additional SEO workshops.
Following are the SEO resources that we’ve found most useful. This doesn’t mean that they’re perfect; as we’ve learned from experience (in other words, trial and error), none of these tools get results that are 100% accurate. However, they’re updated on a constant basis and will help you do SEO.
- Moz Blog – Blog; SEO, social marketing, and inbound marketing
- Search Engine Journal – News about search industry and tutorials
- Search Engine Land – News about search marketing and technology
- Search Engine Watch – News and tutorials about search engines and search engine marketing (SEO)
- SEMrush Blog – Blog; SEO, SEM, PPC, and content marketing
- Yoast SEO – WordPress plugin
- Ahrefs – Advanced SEO; identify trending content and how to outrank your competitors
- BuzzSumo – Analyze topics that matter to your industry, competitors, and influencers
- Feedly – RSS feed aggregator; follow topics in which you’re interested
- Google Analytics – Website analytics
- Google Trends – See what topics are trending now
- Google Webmaster Tools – Check indexing status and optimize site visibility; includes PageSpeed Insights, Google Search Console
- Keywords Everywhere – Browser extension, easily installed on Chrome or Firefox
- KWFinder – Keyword research tool; get keyword ideas
- Majestic – Backlink indexing and domain analysis tool
- Moz – SEO software: keyword research, link-building, site audits, and page optimization insights
- Pocket – Save content from anywhere on the Web and find trending topics that are relevant to you
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider – Website crawler software; analyze and audit technical SEO and onsite SEO
- SEMrush – SEO and search analytics software; provides info. about website traffic, keywords research, competitive research, and ad analytics
- Special Offer: 7-day free trial (Note: affiliate link)
- SpyFu – Search optimization tool geared toward online marketing, sales, and digital advertising; see your competitors’ search marketing formulas
- Think with Google – Articles, benchmark reports, and consumer insights
- Woorank – Website analysis; find opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Wordstream: Keyword Tool – Research keywords and review performance data
Are there additional SEO resources that you’ve found useful? We welcome your feedback.