Following are the marketing-related news that we found most interesting today.
- Content marketing trends – Improve your content marketing best practices in 2017 by:
- First, developing and documenting your content marketing strategy including core strategy, mission statements, and audience personas
- Secondarily, assembling your content marketing plan comprising editorial guidelines, content workflows, content request form, customer journey maps, content decision-making, multichannel content marketing, editorial calendar template, and content essentials
- Finally, establishing solid measurement practices including blog post tracking, success measuring, content curation measuring, and editorial reporting (source: Content Marketing Institute)
- SEO trends—Establish yourself as an industry leader in 2017 and build a strong sales funnel; key facts: search and content marketing have fused, organic and paid search marketing need to work together to build relationships with customers, the customer journey has fragmented into “micro-moments,” and organic search needs to be evangelized within your organization cross-departmentally, to the C-suite, and your board (source: Search Engine Land)