Following are the marketing-related news we found most interesting today.
Attracting an audience to a customer experience or destination that your company builds, owns, and optimizes is what content marketing is about. Take a customer-first approach in order to create a content brand with a loyal following instead of just creating content.
Reach, engage, and convert new customers for your business by setting up your strategy:
- Write a content marketing mission statement
- Define the target audience, topic(s), and value that the audience will get
- Pick a URL (i.e., company’s brand domain or an unbranded site)
- Decide how branded you want your site to be
- Include categories for topics you cover
- Publish consistently and often, making sure that articles list authors and publication dates
- Include many images to support topics and break up text
- Add calls to action (CTAs) such as subscribing to your updates
- Include highlights of top-performing content
- Attach social-sharing options
- Define a measurement plan (e.g., for traffic: visitors and page views; for engagement: social shares, comments, and time on site; for conversion: subscribers and contact-form submissions). (Source: Content Marketing Institute)