We’re currently planning our roster of digital marketing workshops for 2021. Marinela Miclea, who heads Mendo Digital, will be teaching marketing strategy, search engine optimization (SEO), local SEO (e.g., Google My Business) and eCommerce (selling online).
Previous digital marketing workshops in 2020 – online recordings available:
- November 11 and 18, 2020: Sell Online with Shopify (online)
Did you know that total sales revenue on Shopify reached $63 billion in 2018? And it’s still growing. If you’re ready to start selling online, take this workshop to learn how to start quickly (and successfully). Shopify is one of the top eCommerce platforms. This two-part workshop will cover everything you need to know to set up your own Shopify store – from adding products to connecting your business’s social media.
- October 29, 2020: ABCs of Google Analytics: Are Your Online Marketing Efforts Making You Money? (online)
Even the most experienced users can be daunted by the term “analytics” as it relates to their website and social media performance. This workshop is designed to help you decipher the statistics of visitors tracked by your website and social media channels as well as help you understand how to use the information to amplify your online presence and increase revenue. Learn how to analyze who’s visiting your website, what they’re searching for, and how so you can create an action plan to make more strategic business decisions.
- October 20, 2020: ABCs of Search Engine Optimization: Get Seen and Get Sales (online)
In today’s highly competitive online market, the success of your business depends on how easily your business can be found by consumers and potential clients. Did you know online sales increased 55% to $66.3 billion in July 2020 compared with July 2019? Your business needs to implement search engine optimization (SEO) to get to the first page of search engine result pages (SERPs). This interactive workshop will show you how to use SEO to increase your visibility on Google and other search engines.
- June 10, 2020: ABCs: Google Shopping (online)
Millions of people search Google for something they need or want and click on products featured at the very top of search engine results, in the Google Shopping carousel. Now you can gain FREE exposure to Google shoppers and increase the visibility of your online store.
- June 3, 2020: ABCs: Email Marketing (online)
Contrary to rumors, email marketing is NOT dead – in fact, it’s one of the best ways in which to stay connected to and top-of-mind with your customers.
- May 27, 2020: ABCs: Using Google My Business (online)
Trying to improve your business’s online presence for local customers? Find out how to make local SEO work for your business’s success.
- May 20, 2020: ABCs: Digital Marketing Strategy (online)
Are you being strategic in how you’re marketing your business or just flying by the seat of your pants? In this webinar, we’ll discuss what a digital marketing strategy looks like, why you need it, and how to develop one that works for your small business or start-up.
Please let us know if you’d like to be notified when we schedule future digital marketing workshops.
Digital Marketing Resources
Following are the digital marketing resources that we’ve found most useful. Be aware that this doesn’t mean that they’re perfect; as we’ve learned from experience (in other words, trial and error), none of these tools get results that are 100% accurate. However, they’re updated on a constant basis and will help you perform digital marketing tasks.
Digital Marketing Tutorials/Blogs
- Backlinko – Blog on SEO, content, digital marketing
- Moz Blog – Blog on SEO, social marketing, and inbound marketing
- Search Engine Journal – News about search industry and tutorials
- Search Engine Land – News about search marketing and technology
- Search Engine Watch – News and tutorials about search engines and search engine marketing (SEO)
- SEMrush Blog – Blog on SEO, SEM, PPC, and content marketing
- Social Media Examiner – News about social media marketing
Digital Marketing Tools
- Ahrefs – Identify trending content and how to outrank your competitors with this advanced SEO software
- BuzzSumo – Analyze topics that matter to your industry, competitors, and influencers
- Feedly – Use this RSS feed aggregator to follow topics that you’re interested in
- Google Analytics – Review your website metrics with this free, widely used analytics software
- Google Trends – See what topics are trending now
- Google Webmaster Tools – Check indexing status and optimize site visibility with PageSpeed Insights, Google Search Console, and other features
- GreenGeeks – Host your website with “green energy” at low cost, great reliability, and 24/7 online support
- Special offer: $2.95/month (Note: affiliate link)
- Keyword Tool – Find out what your potential viewers search for so you can create content on these topics
- Keywords Everywhere – Do keyword research with this browser extension, easily installed on Chrome or Firefox
- KWFinder – Research keywords and get keyword ideas
- Majestic – Perform backlink indexing and domain analysis
- Moz – Do keyword research, link-building, site audits, and page optimization tips with this popular SEO software
- Pocket – Save content from anywhere on the Web and find trending topics that are relevant to you
- RankMath – Optimize content on your WordPress website with built-in suggestions based on best SEO practices with this WordPress plugin
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider – Analyze and audit technical SEO and onsite SEO with this website crawler software
- SEMrush – Get info. about website traffic, keywords research, competitive research, and ad analytics with this SEO and search analytics software
- Special offer: 7-day free trial (Note: affiliate link)
- SocialPilot – Manage social media marketing by scheduling social media post publishing, getting content suggestions, and reviewing analytics to see what worked best
- Special offer: 14-day free trial (Note: affiliate link)
- Spark Toro – Discover what your viewers read, watch, listen to, and follow
- SpyFu – Use search optimization tool for online marketing, sales, and digital advertising; see your competitors’ search marketing formulas
- Think with Google – Read articles, benchmark reports, and consumer insights from Google
- Woorank – Analyze your website and find opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Wordstream: Keyword Tool – Research keywords and review performance data
- Yoast SEO – Optimize content on your WordPress site with built-in suggestions from this popular WordPress plugin
Are there additional digital marketing resources you’ve found useful? We welcome your feedback.