You can rely on us to keep you up-to-date on the latest digital marketing news, best practices, and industry trends. Following are the ones we found most interesting today.
To develop stronger content you need to truly understand your audience and its needs. Gain better insights by going deeper and moving from generic content pillars to the most relevant topics within them, find the right tone and figure out how, when, and where to reach customers, target them with specific messaging to subsegments, and don’t oversell or stop learning. (source: Marketing Land)
Marketers need to ensure that brands reach consumers across all stages of their entire buyer’s journeys: initiation, research, comparison, transaction, and experience. They also need to consider the individual consumers rather than see them as mere clicks, and replace single conversions with brand loyalty and ultimately lifetime value.
Research studies show that consumers start their journeys with nonbrand searches, that branded ads result in incremental awareness and perception value, and that search continues to dominate conversion activity. (source: Search Engine Land)
Social Media Marketing
If you decide to add video to your social media marketing efforts, define goals and plan the type of video content you want to create as part of your video content strategy, develop a consistent message, and be careful that the video recording equipment you get fits your budget.
Various types of video are recommended for each social platform:
- Facebook—Live video is preferred over regular video, and captions are essential, but video content tends to have a short shelf life.
- Instagram—You can post video to your feed (maximum 1 minute in length) or add it to your story (stays on for maximum 24 hours); make videos direct, captivating, and easy to understand, pick an attention-getting thumbnail, have videos support stories instead of competing with them, and write concise calls to action (CTAs).
- Snapchat—Connect short videos, and publish videos regularly to get viewers involved.
- Twitter—Video content needs to be engaging, mobile-friendly, and shareable.
- YouTube—Evergreen content does better than news or live vide. Use storytelling together with graphics to rouse viewers’ curiosity and keep them engaged ’till you deliver your CTA. (source: Social Media Examiner)
Got any comments for us? Please let us know.